CVS rearrangement done - please read

Andrew Tridgell tridge at linuxcare.com
Mon Dec 13 13:43:24 GMT 1999

I've done the initial rearrangement of the CVS tree ready for the
development of what I hope will eventually becomes the Samba 3.0
stable tree. If you use the Samba CVS server then please read the
following carefully.

1) if you were using the head branch and want to keep using the code
   in that branch then you will need to do a fresh checkout of a new
   branch called SAMBA_TNG. This is the branch that Luke will be using
   to prototype his new architecture for the Samba rpc system.

2) if you want to follow the further development of the Samba 2.0
   releases (mostly bug fixes) then continue using the SAMBA_2_0
   branch.

3) if you want to follow the development of the Samba 3.0 tree then
   use the head branch.

Right now the head branch and the SAMBA_2_0 branch are identical. That
will soon change.

Cheers, Tridge