loadparm.c, ldap.c and "ldap server" --solved

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Wed Aug 25 16:17:32 GMT 1999

Ignacio Coupeau wrote:

> Some one knows how to use several ldap servers via:
> ldap server = server_1, server_2,...
> param in te smb.conf
>
> Some track for patch the code?
>
> I think  may be very useful for fault tolerance...

Thanks to Jean Francois Micouleau: he suggest me the ldap_open()
functionality.

Tested:
[global]
         ldap server = LDAP-SMB1, LDAP-SMB2
         ldap port = 389

runs fine: the multiple ldap server is native in ldap_open (for example,
with a directory in Netscape Address Book)

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/