Patches to head (become_root and some RPC stuff)

Michael Stockman pgmtekn-micke at algonet.se
Tue Aug 24 20:58:09 GMT 1999

> > I don't know LDAP, so please, could you tell me how the LDAP
server is
> > secured, because that is the key to what smbd is doing wrong.
> >

> the ldap server should be run on loopback or over an sshd-proxy to
the
> ldap server.  in either case, the connection from samba should be to
> 127.0.0.1

That is good. What may have been unclear is that I really asked how
the contents of the LDAP databas (I suppose it is) are secured,
especially in Dougs server.

If an ordinary user would have access to the same data as samba
obtains, asking LDAP directly, then the problem is in LDAP and not in
samba. While this is unknown, there is little I can do. Sorry if I was
unclear.

Best regards
  Michael Stockman
  pgmtekn-micke at algonet.se