rpcclient / srvmgr.exe

Michael Glauche glauche at plum.de
Tue Aug 17 20:47:50 GMT 1999

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > srvconnections 1
> >
> > Connection Info Level 1:
> >       id       :      0
> >       type     :      Disk
> >       num_opens:      1
> >       num_users:      1
> >       open_time:      30
> >       user name:      dummy_user
> >       net  name:      tmp
> >
> > id : on nt side this is some kind of auto-increment variable, that
> > increases per connection. Any hints where I can get such a number ?
>
> ok, you'll have to create one.  the "enumerate" function that reads
> STATUS..LCK?  give it a starting index, and have it "skip" that number of
> entries, and start from there.

Could that not be easier implemented in the smbd connect code ?

> > And NT srvmgr seems to ignore
> > my open_time .. :( (it is allways set to 00:00 !?!?)
> > Another problem is, that in srvmgr I see all connections on each share,
> > i.e. if there is some user connected to tmp, the user count in IPC$ will
> > also go up. How does srvmgr compute these ?
>
> srvmgr isn't doing _any_ counting at all, it's calling MSDN functions that
> report information from a remote machine.  that's the way _all_ of these
> NT remote admin tools work.
>
> > I did not see any rpcclient command to tell how many open files a
> > share has ?
>
> there isn't one: there is no such MSDN call to do this that neither srvmgr
> calls nor rpcclient can equivalent-call.  there _is_ however a srvfiles
> command which is NetFileEnum() in srvmgr / MSDN.

Hmm .. still have that problem, that srvmgr displays strange values,
although
rpclient values are quite sane. I did test a NT ws with rpcclient, and
tried to match the output of rpcserver the same, but with no success on
srvmgr.
Those MSDN functions call the rpc calls, right ?
(So, my main problem is still : are my generated values sane ? with no
reference data, I only have rpcclient to a NT ws, and srvmgr.exe. Any
other ways to validate my results ?

regards,
   Michael