VMware, Samba and Win 95

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Mon Aug 16 21:47:21 GMT 1999

> mike has that running fine.  you need to install an AMD 1500 (which
> happens to be an ne2000-compatible) driver under the virtual nt.... oops,
> you're running win95, oops :-)
>
> well, try it anyway :-)

Hwa?  I have networking working as well (vmware on Linux running NT4
SP4).  It all works except browsing.  Um...  Are you saying that the
alternate driver will fix browsing?  If so, what is going on that causes
the problem.  (PS.  Browsing worked before I installed SP4.)

Chris -)-----

--
             -- I have a shoehorn, the kind with teeth. --
                                  ---