Compile Errors with smbmount of CVS HEAD of 1999-08-14 afternoon

Florian Laws florian at void.s.bawue.de
Sat Aug 14 21:21:26 GMT 1999

Hello Samba Team,

the current CVS apparently does not compile with --with-smbmount set.

./configure flags were:
--with-smbmount --with-profile --with-syslog --with-mmap

The compile error message is:
Compiling client/smbmount.c
client/smbmount.c: In function `close_our_files':
client/smbmount.c:242: `NR_OPEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
client/smbmount.c:242: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
client/smbmount.c:242: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [client/smbmount.o] Error 1

My setup is:
Linux 2.2.10 on x86 with glibc 2.1.1

I also encountered one warning message:

Compiling smbd/chgpasswd.c
smbd/chgpasswd.c: In function `findpty':
smbd/chgpasswd.c:72: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

I hope, I have not posted to the wrong mailing list
and that this helps you in further improving Samba.

Thank you,

Florian

P.S.: your pages about CVS access seem to be down,
can you tell me again how to get the current MAIN branch
from cvs?