Permission question.

Brian Stephens brian.stephens at sdrc.com
Tue Aug 10 12:10:44 GMT 1999

I have just started testing SAMBA (2.0.5a & 2.0.4) and have is setup on
HP, SGI, SUN, and IBM and all are accessed by several NT machines, the
problem that I have is that I can delete files on the unix machines from
the NT machines that I should not have permission do delete. The product
that I am testing for has a PDM related package that uses Impersonation
to write files for security reasons, if the end user can open a window
and delete file then we will be unable to use Samba.
Any thoughts on this issue and what setting I may have wrong?

Thanks for any input.
Brian Stephens
SDRC - Staff Technologists