Microsoft cooperating with the Samba Team?

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Aug 5 13:05:04 GMT 1999

At 15:22 5/08/99 +1000, leisner at rochester.rr.com wrote:

>I have to try my "boot NT" program against NT5...
>
>At one time, I came up with a sequence which:
>	tries to login
>	is denied
>	sends the next SMB anyway...
>
>Bingo...blue screen of death...on NT4 machines (up to PL4).

This seems to be a manifestation of the problem I saw in 1996 some time.

Send a tdis on a TID that had never been connected to after a failed login,
and over it goes.

Paul Leach was very pissed off at me for posting this problem to the CIFS
list ... Perhaps we should post these to Bugtraq.

>I showed this to David Solomon (Inside Windows NT) (he taught
>a course to my group at Xerox).  He was kinda amazed (he dared me...
>very dangerous to dare me ;-)).  I gave him the program to give to
>someone at micro$oft.
>

>Marty Leisner

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Samba (Team member www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member www.zing.org)
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours