samba lib

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Aug 3 17:05:29 GMT 1999

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 gandalf at pobox.com wrote:

> I know there was at least one attempt in the past to create a library of
> smb tools that other programs could make use of.  I, however, can find no
> reference to it now on the samba.org site.  Is there any plan in the near
> future to work on such a beast?  I've been writting a gui frontend for
> samba, and having to wrap smbclient and smbmount is not fun (though that
> is what I am currently doing).  I would also prefer not to just rip out
> code from smbclient, since then I have to keep it up to date to.

chris,

if you add your program into the samba source tree this will not be a
problem.

alternatively, i recommend using clientgen.c if that is not acceptable,
and cut / paste clientgen.c over as-and-when you need it.

i don't know anything about smbmount.

andrew, please can we start smb-clients at samba.org?

luke