Samba 2.0.3 share list truncated at 200 entries

Keith Farrar farrar at parc.xerox.com
Tue Apr 20 01:48:36 GMT 1999

Two Solaris 2.6 servers, running Samba 2.0.3, export 700 and 1400
shares respectively. Windows 4.0 SP3 clients only see the first
200 shares on either server. Windows 98 clients see all shares.
Smbclient sees all shares. Windows 4.0 SP3 clients are able to map
the invisible shares, but the explorer cannot "go to" UNC paths in
the invisible shares. Also, shortcuts defined to paths under the
missing shares are broken.

Is this an NT RPC problem? If so, how do I disable NT RPCs?

If someone would like to try debugging this, what data would
you like, and where should I deliver the snoop/tcpdump/netmon
data?

	-kaf