NT4 client case issues...

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Fri Apr 16 17:51:09 GMT 1999

If you access a NetBIOS service using the IP address, NT will want to have
a NetBIOS name for the machine, yes?  That means that it will need to do a
NetBIOS name lookup, probably via an Adapter Status call to the IP address.

My guess is that the code that does the reverse lookup also enumerates the
shares and (for no useful reason) the programmer lower-cased them all.

Chris -)-----

--
             -- I have a shoehorn, the kind with teeth. --
                                  ---