sharing limits

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 14 02:10:14 GMT 1999

wmphang at wkl.com writes:

> Hello all,
>    Need know, is there any limit on how big is the share directory for
> samba ?
> Assumption in Solaris running a volume manager and have a volume of
> 100GB and share it out using samba. Will there be any problem encounter
> in the Win 95/98 or WinNT 4.0.

I've just finished some large file testing with Samba 2.0.3 on a
Solaris 2.6 machine running Enterprise Volume Manager.  It seems to
work quite nicely.  NT4SP3 handles files > 2GB on a 50GB RAID
partition.

As for Win95/98, I'll run a few tests and see what it does but I
suspect that it won't be able to cope.

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer, Head Bee Guy
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,