Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Apr 5 19:00:33 GMT 1999
occasionally i feel like i and other people would like to know how samba
is being used. if you feel so inclined, could people kindly let us know
some of the things below (pick one or more or all), such as:
- a brief description of your organisation.
- what you use samba for (e.g as file servers; login servers; backup
purposes or remote admin with smbclient or rpcclient).
- what version(s) of samba you are using. if using a version from cvs
please include date and tag.
- what server(s), including the specification (OS, ram, hdd, network,
rough estimate of mb/s throughput at peak load would be excellent if you
can get it)
- how many users and in what database (private/smbpasswd; LDAP; MYSQL) and
how many simultaneous users.
- what sort of hosts connect to your servers.
i should probably be advocating people to fill in the survey instead of
<a href="mailto:lkcl at samba.org" > Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton </a>
<a href="http://www.cb1.com/~lkcl"> Samba and Network Development </a>
<a href="http://samba.org" > Samba Web site </a>
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton | Direct Dial : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team | ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc. | ISS Fax : (678) 443-6477
http://www.iss.net/ *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
ISS Connect - International User Conference - May '99
More information about the samba-technical