nmbd dying...

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Tue Sep 29 17:24:22 GMT 1998

peloy at ven.ra.rockwell.com wrote:

> a CVS update done today Sep. 29 left my nmbd in an unstable state. Whn
> I try to log into the Samba PDC nmbd dies:
>

> [1998/09/29 09:52:12, 1] nmbd/nmbd_processlogon.c:process_logon_packet(69)
>   process_logon_packet: Logon from 130.151.17.156: code = 12
> [1998/09/29 09:52:12, 0] lib/fault.c:fault_report(40)

Arggg. My fault sorry.

Dead code elimination. I removed a line such as

allowableaccount = IVAL(q, 0); q += 4;

as the variable "allowableaccount" was unused.
I missed the bloody "q += 4;".

This is why multiple statements on one line are
a *BUG*. I will eventualy remove *ALL* these (luke
you have been warned :-).

Please CVS update and it should be fixed. Please
accept my apologies.

If it isn't (and you get another core dump in
the nmbd logon code) - sending the gdb backtrace
allowed me to find it instantly so please do
that again - it really helped, thanks.

Cheers,

Jeremy.