more info on the nmbd problem

Michael D. Ivey ivey at realminfo.com
Tue Sep 29 19:53:51 GMT 1998

> Michael H. Warfield (mhw at wittsend.com)
> Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:29:56 -0400 (EDT)
>
>         I've been noticing for some time that I've been having a problem
> with nmbd and the latest snapshots. In particular, I've noticed that
> after a while, nmbd disappears. More specifically, on the system I have

I'm having the same problem...here's my trace:

[root at alice source]# nmbd -D; ps axf |grep nmb
 9816  ?  R    0:00 nmbd -D
 9818  ?  R    0:00  \_ nmbd -D
[root at alice source]# gdb
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux".
(gdb) attach 9816
Attaching to process 9816
0x400d983e in ?? ()
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

0x8055eb2 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x8055eb2 in ?? ()
#1  0x80548bc in ?? ()
#2  0x8054ffa in ?? ()
#3  0x804ad1c in ?? ()
#4  0x804b8c8 in ?? ()
(gdb)

I suspect this is what's keeping my NT servers from being able to login?

My list subscription hasn't gone through yet, but I'm reading in the
archive...any help would be appreciated.

/mdi

--
Michael D. Ivey  -  Director of Emerging Technologies
ivey at realminfo.com    http://www.realminfo.com/~ivey/