.cvsignore

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Tue Sep 29 13:47:56 GMT 1998

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Herb Lewis <herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com> writes:
>
> > Which should it be "dummy" or ".dummy" and who is going to make the
> > change?
>
> None of them, IMHO.  Since I joined the team, I've been trying to
> figure out why these files are needed.
>
> It seems to me that they were only created as an ugly mechanism to
> ensure that subdirectories are properly created in the build tree.
> I'm sure I can figure out a better way to do that, that does not
> require these files.
>
> Can anyone think of any reason for not removing them once and for all?

While you are at it, what about include/stamp-h? It should be added
to .cvsignore (like config.h which is also created) or find a way to
do away with it also.

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Technical Marketing                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Network Systems Division                     Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177