printing from Win95

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Sat Sep 26 10:00:00 GMT 1998

> Anyway - seems to work like a dream.  Just a question - why would you
> (your wife??) still have been able to print??

The problem wasn't actually a printing problem, it was that Samba no
longer responded to the (rather unusual) stat("") with "hidden
directory", which is a myterious requirement that we discovered years
ago.

Obviously Sue's machine either didn't make that request for some
reason or didn't mind when it failed. It's probably some side effect
of how she was connected to my box (win95 domain logon etc).