SAMBA cannot authenticate against NT4.0SP4-rc1.99

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Fri Sep 25 07:09:24 GMT 1998

For some reasons our guys who are in charge of NT server installed
SP4-rc1.99 on WinNT4 servers. With effect, that now samba-2.0.0-alpha7
running with security = domain cannot authenticate itself any more in
domain. I tried to remove it from domain and add back - all results in the
same error message:

domain_client_validate: unable to open the domain client session to machine
ITS_SERVER. Error was : code 0.

I attach zip with both raw cap file and pretty printout. It is between
its_app (BDC) and itsrm2 (SAMBA) doing

smbpasswd -j ITS -r ITS_APP

The same happens with PDC; I just happen to have netmon on BDC :))

Or, yes, machine sid is

S-1-5-21-4291449084-786989410-2010929659

/Andrej