Samba-2 on AIX

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sat Sep 19 01:25:25 GMT 1998

Ok - I just tested that Samba-2 will compile on our AIX
box (samba2) - and if you do a :

CFLAGS="-D_LARGE_FILES -O" ./configure

it even does the 64 bit file support !

However, an annoyance is that the arguments
to things like accept() on AIX have a 3rd
argument of size_t *, rather than int *.

As our current code uses int * then we get
a few warnings from AIX. I believe POSIX is
going towards a socklen_t data type to fix these
problems but there doesn't seem to be a good
way to autoconf this fix as even if the args
are not correct the compiler just gives a
warning, not an error.

Any good ideas on fixing this in a portable
way ?

Cheers,

	Jeremy.