Fixing client.c

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Sep 18 14:20:16 GMT 1998

cvs -t co sambaold -r BRANCH_NTDOM.  richard, i think you/we would be
better off looking at what i did and doing the same thing, rather than
grabbing BRANCH_NTDOM.

first off: remove clientutil.c

second: global/search/replace all references to the silly global variables
that client.c and clitar.c use in clientutil.c, replacing them with
clientgen.c structure member variables instead.

third (optional): put all other silly global variables that client.c and
clitar.c use for their own purposes into a structure.

fourth (optional): pass the clientgen.c structure and the structure in (3)
above as _arguments_ to all the client.c and clitar.c functions instead of
them being global member variables.

then, putting the BRANCH_NTDOM code in will be a hell of a lot easier.

luke