Patch for smbclient command du, tar cn, PASSWD_FILE and PASSWD_FD

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Sun Sep 13 19:55:22 GMT 1998

Richard Sharpe <sharpe at ns.aus.com> writes:

>> The second problem is the fact that messages are printed to stdout
>> by default, even if a tar-file is being created to it.  IMO, if a
>> tar-file is to be written to stdout, nothing else should, -E should
>> be implicitly assumed.

> The problem with smbtar/clitar is that I introduced a bug when
> adding other functionality to it, for which I apologise. I have seen
> several patches, including one with Amanda, none of which fix the
> real problem, which was/is a stupid printf in the code :-(

I'm not talking about this particular printf; I'm talking about output
in general.  If a tar-file is written to stdout, I wouldn't like any
debugging output to get written to stdout too; so -E should be
implicitly assumed in the case of writing a tar-file to stdout.

Sorry if I was not clear enough in the previous message.

I'm not sure this has been fixed in the current sources; my local
build based on yesterday's CVS tree won't connect to SMB servers I've
got access to, not even one running SAMBA 1.9.18p10 :-(

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva at dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva at acm.org
http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva