auto-loading of smb.conf

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Sep 9 16:50:10 GMT 1998

> That would work for me. I've seen people get very confused
> when some things are changed when smb.conf is updated and some
> things aren't.

wouldn't make any difference... *unless* a kill -HUP is used, say, to
cause the server to *drop* all open shares, forcing the clients to
reconnect.

this would have the effect of making all shares the same when smb.conf is
updated, but is likely to have nasty side-effects.  but SMB is supposed to
be resilient to that kind of thing, innit? :)