Security model in samba-2

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Mon Sep 7 15:01:27 GMT 1998

Unfortunately, I cannot access NT domain information now (or am I wrong?) There is no way to say:

	valid domains = ...
	valid domain groups = DOM1\gr1, DOM2\gr2 ...
	valid domain users = DOM1\user1 ...

or like.

I repeat: in case of SAMBA particicpating in NT domain, the user name *only* is not enough. It simply does not provide enough authentication in case of trust relationships between domains. It is possible to emulate it, but it means, SAMBA server has to have complete knowledge of all possible domains/users/groups/hosts in any other domain.

/Andrej