icons problem

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Sun Sep 6 12:49:32 GMT 1998

A number of people have reported that application icons don't appear
for files on Samba servers when running with security=server. This has
been a problem for a long time, but as we haven't been able to
reproduce it we haven't been able to fix it.

This is just to say that I've now reproduced the problem, and I've
caught a sniff of it with tcpdump. I haven't worked out what is wrong
yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Reproducing that has made me very happy - this problem has annoyed me
for a long time!