samba-2.0.0-alpha1 portability issues

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Wed Sep 2 11:32:36 GMT 1998

Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> >   Anyone interested in the data? It's in
> > compiler error-message format for jove/emacs/whatever,
> > and took me about half an hour to scan through just looking
> > at the putative bugs: I didn't presume to fix anything
> > myself (:-))
>
> I'd be interested in seeing the output, although I bet most of the
> stuff it produces is spurious.[...] the WEXITSTATUS problem [..]
> is used without an ifdef in chpasswd.c which only gets
> compiled on a limited range of systems due to its dependence on lots
> of fancy tty handling stuff.

Yes, as I said,  it's reporting doubtful points, and isn't nearly
smart enough to deal with conditional compilation.

I'll enclose a snippit and mail the full thing of to Andrew.
It's used in medium-scale ports, in concert with m4 programs to
fix some of the more straightforward problems: more information
at http://nce.sun.ca/CompMigr/Tools/index.html#suncmigr21

--dave
--

./smbd/chgpasswd.c:336 WEXITSTATUS
Weight: 5.0

./client/smbmnt.c:276 addmntent
Weight: 5.0
Comment
 This routine is no longer supported. The putmntent ( )
 routine provides similar functionality.

./client/smbumount.c:166 addmntent
./client/client.c:2497 asctime
Weight: 5.0
Comment
 The tm structure no longer contains the fields tm_zone and
 tm_gmtoff. An external variable , timezone , is now used to indicate
 the difference ( in seconds ) between GMT and local
 standard time. Another external variable , daylight , indicates
 if daylight savings should be applied.An external variable ,
 tzname is now used to store standard and summer timezone names.
 TZ now contains the time conversion information itself. The format
 of this information is different than previously.
--
It's used in medium-scale ports, in concert with m4 programs to
address some of the