samba-2.0.0-alpha1 portability issues

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 2 02:30:20 GMT 1998

>   Anyone interested in the data? It's in
> compiler error-message format for jove/emacs/whatever,
> and took me about half an hour to scan through just looking
> at the putative bugs: I didn't presume to fix anything
> myself (:-))

I'd be interested in seeing the output, although I bet most of the
stuff it produces is spurious.

for example, the WEXITSTATUS problem you mentioned isn't really a
problem. It is used without an ifdef in chpasswd.c which only gets
compiled on a limited range of systems due to its dependence on lots
of fancy tty handling stuff. I doubt a system without WEXITSTATUS
would have the other things necessary for our autoconf system to
decide that chgpsswd.c should be included.