NT4 Browsing Weirdness with still life

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Fri Oct 30 17:22:27 GMT 1998

Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > Some general questions: Are there any routines I can pinch from somewhere
> > else to parse filenames?  Am I guaranteed to get passed a pathname of a
> > certain format (i.e no backslashes or ../ ./ things to trip up my parser)
> > after passing a pathname through dos_to_unix()?
>
> if you want it really clean then move clean_fname() from
> smbwrapper/smbw.c into lib/ and use that.

Just took a look at clean_fname(). Problems with it
are it isn't multi-byte character safe, and it also
looks like it might be a bit slow, which is ok for
the client-side code but I'd be wary of in the server.

Don't put it into the generic Samba code yet as string
handling is one of our benchmark hotspots.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.