help

Mick Haigh mhaigh at village.vut.edu.au
Wed Oct 28 09:40:55 GMT 1998

Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > Can someone please tell me the command to get a version of the CVS tree
> > from a particular date??
>
> add the option "-D date" to whatever command you usually do (such as
> cvs update or cvs co).
>
> eg:
>
> cvs -d tridge at samba.anu.edu.au:/data/cvs co -D "10/15/98" samba

Cheers.

I think I have a nasty one for you :)

Ok - using the source from this morning (a the last couple of days) I get an
_intermittant_ fault.

Workstation is WinNT Workstation 4.0 with SP3 installed.  This was done with
the MS Zero Admin Kit.  At the same time appropriate files were installed on
the WS to let it run MS Office 97 SR1 off the network.

Server is a Linux box with 2.1.125 kernel.

If I am running the latest code, I often (but not always) get an error saying
"The program has failed to initiallize properly.  Click Ok to terminate the
application" when I try to start Word.  I haven't seen the problem when
trying to start any of the other Office apps (but I haven't tried to break
them since I was so concerned about Word).

Using code from 21/10/1998 I don't see the problem (I don't think - certainly
not as easily, I will test further).  I think the code broke about 3 days
ago, but I will try to find the last version that I know works.

If you think I may be able to provide useful info, give me a yell.  (I'll be
in here until God knows what hour of night anyway :))
Have fun.
Mick