Hello

Tim Potter tpot at acsys.anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 23 07:00:29 GMT 1998

Hello everyone.  Following a chat with tridge I've taken on the task of
writing a VFS interface to samba.  Basically, this will allow someone to
write a set of open/read/write etc routines that will dereference all the
filesystem calls smbd makes to actually read and write files.  Loadable
module support is planned.

The goal is to write a SMB interface to a tape storage robot so we can
stream data from a mpeg-2 encoder (an "embedded" nt box) straight onto
tape without having to muck around with disks.

Tim.