Pas-through authentication and DSamba

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Oct 21 07:37:32 GMT 1998

Hi guys,

I have a question about what I think is pass-through authentication, but
perhaps you can correct me if I have it wrong.

A user on a Win9x box wants to offer a share, but wants the authentication
to take place on another box, a domain controller.

Can Samba, as a PDC, be the authentication source that the Win9x box defers
to? What about ACL's? I would imagine since Win9x does not have ACLs, this
issue does not arise, and only the issue of authentication does?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...