update encrypted

Mitch McNeel mitchm at mwh.com
Mon Oct 19 22:22:00 GMT 1998

Hi all,

        just updated to the latest version of samba
1.9.18p10.  I have the services update encrypted = yes and
encrypt passwords = no in the global section of my smb.conf
file.  but, for some reason my /opt/samba/private/smbpasswd
file is not being updated....  I'm trying to convert all my
user to encrypted passwords instead of plaintext and can't
seem to get this option to work..  Does anyone know what I'm
doing wrong??  I've read as much as I can on this (i.e.,
Encryption.txt, man smb.conf, etc...)..  Can someone shed
some light on this mater...

Thanks in advance
Mitch