NT won't log on.

Gerald Carter jerry at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sat Oct 10 10:50:19 GMT 1998

At 01:38 PM 10/10/98 +1000, Mick Haigh wrote:
>Hiya everyone.
>
>With the last couple of versions of CVS code NT boxes won't allow users
>to log on, claiming that they either don't exist or got their password
>wrong.
>
>A log level of 3 shows nttrans.c giving
>"call_nt_transact_query_security_desc: Currently not implemented".  Is
>this know to be something that is not implemented but is advertised??

There is a flag during the sessions seutp that the server can
use to indicate "I do NT SMBs."  Once you sat you can do them,
NT will expect them all.  This is probably not your problem.

Check private/smbpasswd and make sure that the user is not disabled
[DU     ].  Remove the 'D' and that will enable the account.

Hope this helps,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )