dce/rpc redesign

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Oct 7 16:20:20 GMT 1998

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > to cope with SMBwriteX (oversized DCE/RPC requests), some reworking of
> > smbd is going to be needed.
> >
> > smbd already does SMBwriteX (oversized DCE/RPC responses).
>
> can't we just do this in reply_writex()?
>
> if (rpc_fnum(fnum)) {
>    return rpc_writex(foo);
> }
>
> that way the rpc changes are hidden away in the rpc code and we don't
> risk breaking writex.

correct.  that is what i have done.  you have to add CAN_IPC to
smbd/reply.c function array.  the problem i was referring to is that
currently the only "active handling" is on receipt of an SMBtrans request.
what needs to be changed is that SMBwriteX may contain the last fragment,
and an SMBtrans may not occur at all.