smbsh progress

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 4 12:18:08 GMT 1998

I did a bit more work on smbwrapper/smbsh today. The main new stuff
is:

- supports listing machines in the local workgroup with a ls in /smb/
- supports using *SMBSERVER so you can connect to servers using DNS
  names or IP addresses
- supports foreign workgroups (set your SMBW_WORKGROUP environment
  variable)
- supports printing by copying files to a printer share with cp
- supports deleting print jobs by deleting files on the printer share

So you can now do "ls -laR /smb/" and get a recursive listing of all
shares available on all servers in your workgroup. It takes some time
though! I've also fixed numerous minor bugs.

I think the next step is portability. Maybe a Solaris port?

Cheers, Tridge