followup-Re: registry stuff

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Thu Nov 26 00:12:16 GMT 1998

the full document can be found at:
http://bstc.net/~brian/sharemodes.txt

heres info on print shares I should have included the first shot:

PRINT SERVICES

SAME IDEA, However, there is only 1 mode for printers :) full access!
( `b7h 00h` for user, `b7h 80h` for group )

all printers are formatted like:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Access\PRINT\$PRINTERNAME

( e.g. all printers are under the PRINT key )

example export for print services:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Access\PRINT]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Access\PRINT\HP OfficeJet Series 500 Printer]
"*"=hex:b7,80
"BST\\BRIAN"=hex:b7,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Access\PRINT\HP DeskJet 660 (Color)]
"BST\\BRIAN"=hex:b7,00

At 11:10 PM 11/25/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I got your mail about user level security in W95/W98. I've tested it
>on two of our computers which works fine for shares of the file
>system. However I have not yet figured how a shared printer works, and
>would like to ask if you might know/have an idea?
>
>Best regards
>  Michael Stockman
>  pgmtekn-micke at algonet.se
>
>PS. To me the information you provided was long missed and you filled
>a lot of that gap, thanks.

~~~~~~ Brian Roberson ~~~~~~
~~~ BrainStorm Technologies ~~
~~~ Linux Solution Provider ~~~