Initialise vs Initialize

David Allan Finch david.finch at monosys.com
Wed Nov 25 13:44:11 GMT 1998

Joe Geiser <jgeiser at CSILLC.com> write:
|> David Allen Finch says,
         ^^^a^

|> memory) --- I don't think that this is the cause, because each source file
|> is rather segregated, and the ones that aren't (or used by everything such
|> as include.h) are pretty standard now...

This is a Red Herring I changed it and it still would not
compile. Even though it works it seams silly to have
the words spelt different in seprate locations why not
standardise on _init_.

But I did figure our how to fix it :-)

If you add

	#undef GROUP
	#undef GROUP_OBJ

before the

	#include <rpcsvc/nis.h>

in

	lib/util.c
	passdb/nispass.c

The compile error goes away, and on a small
test all the nis stuff seams to work. Someone
that realy understand what is going on
should check this!