SOlaris 2.5.1 /usr/ccs/bin/make

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Wed Nov 25 04:00:09 GMT 1998

On Nov 24, 1998, Gerald Carter <cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU> wrote:

> MAKEDIR = || exec false; \

> Seems that this breaks on Solaris 2.5.1.

Actually, the fault is not there, although make complains about its
use :-(

Trailing backslashes followed by empty lines get some makes completely
crazy, and this was the case with SMBD_OBJ1.  Someone else has already
fixed this problem in the branch, but not in the trunk (or so it seems
to me).

Anyway, whyle I looked into this problem and found some potential
problems in the compilation rules with maintainer-mode disabled, so I
fixed them.  Nothing really important, but so simple that I would
install it in the trunk and in the branch, but I maybe I should
install it only in the branch, so as to ease the merge...  What's the
policy when we've got active branches, installing patches in the
release branch only or in both branch and trunk?

The patch is attached, just in case someone wants to go ahead and
install it, or just take a look at it...

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}