Problems with netgroups

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Tue Nov 17 09:20:06 GMT 1998

There are two places in current code, which break compilation on our system:

include/includes.h:

#if defined(HAVE_YP_GET_DEFAULT_DOMAIN)
#define HAVE_NETGROUP 1
#endif

Our system does have yp_get_default_domain(), but it does not support
netgroups in any way.

lib/replace.c:

#ifndef HAVE_INNETGR
/*
 * Search for a match in a netgroup. This replaces it on broken systems.
 */
 int innetgr(char *group,char *host,char *user,char *dom)
{
        setnetgrent(group);
        while (getnetgrent(&hst, &usr, &dm)) {
}
#endif

The code depends on having *netgrent() family. Our system lacks both
innetgr() and these functions.

Sorry, I don't have the slightest idea, what netgroups are and how to check
for them. Could anybody suggest reasonable autoconf test for these two
cases?

thank you

/andrej
/andrej