smbsh "ERROR: can't get smbw shared lock"

Billinghurst, David (RTD) David.Billinghurst at riotinto.com.au
Tue Nov 17 01:37:29 GMT 1998

Bits of it worked with samba-2.0.0-alpha13 on Irix 6.2, so this is a
regression

In testing with samba-2.0.0-alpha13 I got
	ls /smb/   ....  OK

	ls /smb/cru200   ...  OK   another samba server

	ls /smb/cru200/billingd ... OK

	ls /smb/crw427  ...  OK   Win95 PC using user security

	ls /smb/crw427/a ... Cannot access /smb/crw427/cdrom: Invalid
argument

	ls /smb/crtsfile   ... NT4 SP3 server
			Cannot access directory /smb/CRTSFILE: Permission
denied

so I guess some stuff will work and some won't.