2.0 Branch

Edan Idzerda edan at mtu.edu
Mon Nov 16 19:41:22 GMT 1998

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> If you want to stay on the "bleeding" edge - then just
> keep checking out of the HEAD branch (cvs update -d -P -A).

What version of CVS does the Samba team use?  I've been using
the below version for checking out Samba files for the past
year or so.

    % cvs --version

    Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.9 (client/server)

    Copyright (c) 1993-1994 Brian Berliner
    Copyright (c) 1993-1994 david d `zoo' zuhn
    Copyright (c) 1992, Brian Berliner and Jeff Polk
    Copyright (c) 1989-1992, Brian Berliner

    CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
    a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

What troubles me is that both -P and -A don't seem to apply,
and -d is supposed to be used to override $CVSROOT.  I simply
set $CVSROOT and do "cvs update" to get the latest version.

But I don't have checkin access so maybe this falls into the
category of "WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE A CLUE ABOUT CVS SO DON'T
ASK IF YOU DON'T!" questions explicitly warned against on the
cvs directions pages :)

- edan