CVS update: samba/source/client

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 14 04:43:34 GMT 1998

> As promised here is a debug log of connecting to a Win95 share
> (//2E2-NEW/GAMES) in share-level security mode, which now results in
> ERRSRV - ERRinvnetname (Invalid network name in tree connect).

strange ... it might be fixed by a commit I just made, but probably
not.

What we might need is for you to capture 2 tcpdump sniffs. The first
with the old smbclient and the second with the new one. Then upload
them to ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/upload/

to capture them use:

   tcpdump -s 1500 -w old.dat port 139 and host 129.94.134.144

you can get a binary of tcpdump for linux from
ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/samba/tcpdump-smb/binaries/

Thanks for your help.