Just trying to figure something out.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Thu Nov 12 19:39:54 GMT 1998

I think that this is a misconfiguration...

I'm working with a group in Animal Science who have Samba 1.9.18p10
serving network of Linux and NT PCs.  The log files show that nmbd is
becomming both a domain and a local master browser.  Every few minutes,
one of the NT systems (I don't know if it's WS or Server) will announce
itself as local master browser.  Nmbd will then stop being local master
browser for about 17 seconds, after which a new entry drops into the log
file indicating that it is again a LMB.

Is this normal?  What's going on?

Chris -)-----