WinCE now works

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Thu Nov 12 15:47:27 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > WinCE seems to support *only* NT flavor of SMB (if I try to downgrade
> > protocol, I get error by protocol negotiation).
>
> wince (ouch) found a bug in samba at the cifs conference :-)

	Which reminds me of a question I had forgotten...
	is there a way to prevent a Samba server from
	negotiating an earlier dialect of SMB? The
	wince "failure" might turn out to be a feature...

	This was prompted by the downgrade attacks
	of many moons ago (:-()

--dave (absent-minded) c-b
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Home: (416) 223-8968  Work: (905) 477-0437 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com