?: RegConnectRegistry for UNIX

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Tue Nov 10 23:10:45 GMT 1998

Rich Pettit wrote:

> An important question I have is this:  Since Samba 2.0 contains code that
> implements library functionality, will some of the code be covered under
> LGPL instead of GPL so that vendors can use these functions without giving
> away the farm?

I can't speak for Luke, but my answer to that is always
no. Samba consists of many people's work, and unless it's
obviously one persons own work (like Lukes registry stuff)
then it's not possible to split out the code so that a
different license can be used for some of it and not
others.

Sorry, you'll just have to go "Open Source" :-). Join us,
it's not so bad :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.