?: RegConnectRegistry for UNIX

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Nov 10 22:38:36 GMT 1998

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Rich Pettit wrote:

> > happy yet, rich?  there's key enum, create, delete and value enum, create
> > in rpcclient so far, and i ain't done yet :-)
>
> I'm stupefied by your ability to crank out code!  I haven't had time to

it's really, really simple, and all i'm doing is making header files then
cut/paste wrapping junk around them.  it would be even faster if we had
IDL (interface definition language) files and the parsing code / stub
functions were created automatically.

> An important question I have is this:  Since Samba 2.0 contains code that
> implements library functionality, will some of the code be covered under
> LGPL instead of GPL so that vendors can use these functions without giving
> away the farm?

no, it will not.  do you really want every joe-company to produce their
own registry tools; NT-compatible Primary Domain Controller etc?  not
least because this is still immature code and if i get it wrong you can
take down an NT box real quick....