Quibble re faq errors

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Nov 9 17:56:17 GMT 1998

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Err - I think I've already done that for Samba2.0 by
> making the default security=user.
>
> I didn't do that lightly (knowing the number of emails
> we'll get complaining that people can't log on any more
> when the install Samba2.0 over Samba1.9.18 :-).

Jeremy,

Would it be a good idea to cause smbd to fail
if security=<something> was explicitly given
a value rather assuming a default.

Bomb and then  print an error message to the logs.

Just a thought.
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )