maintainer mode

Tim Rice tim at trr.metro.NET
Wed Nov 4 19:45:37 GMT 1998

On 4 Nov 1998, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Nov  4, 1998, Tim Rice <tim at trr.metro.NET> wrote:
>
> > One advantage of multiple Makefiles with configure/automake is that most
> > of the work is allready done to be able to build outside of the source tree.
> > Last time I checked this could not be done.
>
> Last time I built it, less than a week ago, it worked.  I spent a lot
> of time fixing all the srcdir!=builddir problems when I joined the
> team about a month ago.

Things have indeed improved. I does build where srcdir!=builddir.
Thanks for the good work.

Now to patch configure.in to test for strcasecmp.
It's not in libc on all platforms. UnixWare has it in libresolv.
Linking bin/smbd
strcasecmp                          libsmb/clientgen.o
strncasecmp                         passdb/smbpass.o

Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim at trr.metro.net