maintainer mode

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Mon Nov 2 05:49:05 GMT 1998

On Nov  1, 1998, Tim Potter <tpot at acsys.anu.edu.au> wrote:

>> Now that automatic dependency tracking is working, if you enable
>> maintainer mode and have GNU make, they *are* correct :-)

> acsys:~/work/samba/source$ touch include/smb.h
> acsys:~/work/samba/source$ gmake

> Whoops!  I've broken nmbd for the moment, but don't worry about that.  If
> I touch smb.h it doesn't recompile things that need ie (i.e everything).
> )-:

Assuming you have configured --enable-maintainer-mode before compiling
everything and that the Makefile is up-to-date, it should have created
files named .deps/*/*.od.  Were they created there?  What do they
contain?  How about .deps/depend?

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva at dcc.unicamp.br mailto:oliva at gnu.org mailto:aoliva at acm.org