password API needed

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sat May 23 15:42:09 GMT 1998

Hi, my name's Matthew.  Having shown some concern at the state of Luke's
wrists, I have been experimentally enlisted as his typist.  This may help
or hinder him, we shall see  . . .
[dictation commences]

After talking with Benny, I think we need some "is_password_ok()"
functions.  There should be 4:

- BOOL pdb_sampwd_network_ok(struct sam_passwd* sam_pass, uchar
challenge[8], uchar lm_pass[24], uchar nt_pass[24] );

- BOOL pdb_smbpwd_network_ok(struct smb_passwd* smb_pass, uchar
challenge[8], uchar lm_pass[24], uchar nt_pass[24] );

- BOOL pdb_sampwd_interactive_ok(struct sam_passwd* sam_pass, uchar
lm_pass[16], uchar nt_pass[16] );

- BOOL pdb_smbpwd_interactive_ok(struct smb_passwd* smb_pass, uchar
lm_pass[16], uchar nt_pass[16] );

Places in which these should be used:

1) lib/rpc/server/srv_netlog.c - in both net_login_interactive() and
net_login_network()

2) password.c - replacing or _in_ smb_password_ok()

3) other

Benny, can you support these in your authentication server?