Win95 Change Password on Digital Unix?

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Fri May 22 23:30:28 GMT 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Tim Winders wrote:
> >
> > I am running 1.9.19-prealpha (CVS from 5/22/98 10:30am CST) under Digital
> > Unix 4.0D with encrypted passwords.  I was hoping to get the Win95 change
> > password feature to work, so I compiled with -DALLOW_CHANGE_PASSWORD and
> > try to use the Win95 control panel to change the Samba/Unix password but
> > smbd dumps core.  Does anyone have this working under DU?  I have the
> > log.smb and core file if that would help...
> >

> A gdb stack backtrace would be the most useful
> thing.
>
> Recompile with -g, generate the core dump then
> do:
>
> gdb ./smbd --core=corefile
> ....gdb output...
> (gdb) bt
>
> ... backtrace printed out here....

Great!  This will take me a few days to be able to accomplish... probably
Tuesday (unless something amazing happens!)

=== Tim

|  Tim Winders, CNE, MCSE        |  Email:  TWinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |